Lena Horne once said, “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” These wise words hint towards how being more productive could benefit your bakery business. At Empire Bakery Equipment, we understand time is money for bakers and we aim to help increase production while never sacrificing quality. Here are our top 5 tips on how to be a more productive baker.
- Get Organized. Large or small, your bakery should be kept clean and organized. Imagine how much time would be wasted not being able to find something in your kitchen, or having to walk around junk in the way. A few minutes may not seem like a lot, but those could be a few minutes used toward making more cookies or baking more bread.
- Don’t be afraid to delegate. When owning a bakery, it is easy to sometimes feel like you HAVE to be the one doing everything from baking to financing. Don’t be afraid to relinquish some of that control and delegate work to others that you trust in order to focus more time on what you are best at, baking! You are running a business and customers expect the best, so focus your time on the right things in order to produce the best product possible.
- Look into equipment upgrades. At some point, most successful bakers will hit a point where they cannot physically meet the increased product demand. When this happens, it is time to look into bakery equipment that is designed to increase production without hindering quality or consistency. Empire Bakery Equipment offers a variety of machines that will help you produce more quality products per hour without the need to hire more manpower or work longer and harder. Some examples of these machines are the SUPREMA Cookie Depositor, which can produce 180 trays of high-quality cookies per hour, or the LFKR Stone Hearth Deck Oven which can produce up to 400 loaves of artisan breads per bake!
- Don’t underestimate. Bakers can often underestimate just how long certain tasks can take. Make sure to give yourself enough time for a task so if you run into an issue, you are not pressed for time. Not giving yourself enough time can cause you to rush and a rushed product will not always be your best product!
- End with a to-do list. At the end of every day, think about what needs to be done the next day and write it down. Prioritizing what needs to be done will help you streamline your work day and make you a more productive baker. The more productive you are the more baking you can do, and the more baking you do the more successful your bakery will be!
Following these simple tips can help lead to an increase in production and earnings. At Empire Bakery Equipment, we believe that the greatest measure of our success is your success. When it comes time for your bakery to step up its production, give us a call!