The world is currently dealing with a global COVID-19 pandemic that if affecting families, communities, businesses and the way we live. Empire Bakery Equipment understands how important support, now more than ever, is to those businesses who may be suffering from the pandemic both directly and indirectly. That is why Empire wanted to reach out and update everyone on how we are approaching the current situation.
Empire will continue to be fully operational, making sure our customers are taken care of with any needs or concerns they may have. Although restaurants and bakeries are being forced to close to the public, we understand that many establishments continue baking and making food for their communities. Our parts and service departments are at the ready for anything you may need to keep your businesses running through such a difficult. We understand how important every sale can be during this time, so making sure everything is running smoothly is our priority.
- Wash Your Hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid Close Contact: Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Clean and Disinfect: Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Cover Coughs/Sneezes: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
During these difficult times, here are some ways you could stay safe while keeping your bakery or restaurant thriving:
- Offering Delivery/Takeout: If your restaurant or bakery is one that has never previously offered delivery or takeout services, now is a perfect time. Continue to make money while being closed to the general public can make or break a business during this difficult time.
- Staggering Shifts. If you are a bakery or restaurant that works with a large staff or in tight spaces, you may want to rethink ways to safely space out your staff. Staggering shifts is a good way to ensure your staff is properly spaced out in an otherwise busy workplace.
- Educate Your Customers: Inform your customers of ways to properly preserve the food your bakery or restaurant is preparing. For example, customers can purchase bread for the next couple of weeks and freeze some loaves for later. Empire’s own Chef Macky recommends that any crusty artisanal bread should be wrapped in tinfoil and placed in a freezer bag before freezing to ensure the best results when re-baking.
- Be Transparent: Customers appreciate honesty, and a good way to put them at ease about ordering from a restaurant or bakery at a time like this is to be transparent about your sanitation protocols. Let them know all of the steps your business is taking to keep them safe during the pandemic.
As you continue to operate your food businesses during the pandemic, there are some other ways you could continue to help your community. Homeless shelters and food kitchens will especially struggle during this time. Any unsold food that restaurants and bakeries may otherwise throw away, can be donated to local homeless shelters and food kitchens to ensure that no one goes without a meal during a difficult time.
As we move forward and learn more about the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we will be sure to keep you updated and informed. Please check back here for any updates as they unfold. We wish you all good luck and good health during this time. We are here for you!
Empire Bakery Equipment
800.878.4070 ext. 116